The preparation activities will take place between months 1 and 8 of the project, during
which period the effluents from the proposed WWTPs will be defined as well as the
requirements for the flexible pilot plants (FPP).
- Definition of the secondary effluents from WWTPs
- Analysis of microplastics, eco-toxicity, antibiotic resistant bacteria, processing
contaminants and pathogens
- Definition of requirements for FPPs
Between months 6 and 12 of the project, the FPPs and the monitoring system will be designed and the plants will be constructed. Between months 13 and 42, the FPPs will be validated at the different locations.
A wastewater reuse incidence study will also be carried out between months 7 and 42 of
the project in the province of Almeria. During this same period, the project’s
replicability strategy will be prepared.
Finally, a decision support system (DSS) will be developed that, supported by the data
obtained during the project, will help to find the optimal solution to implement a water
reuse system for each specific case. The design will be created between months 6 and
10 of the project, while it will be implemented across the rest of the project’s life (M7-42).
- Design, construction and validation of the FPPs
- Design of monitoring systems
- Replicability study in Almeria
- Preparation and testing of the DSS
- Prepare a project replicability strategy
The monitoring activities include the assessment of the different KPIs defined previously.
Furthermore, a project environmental and socio-economic impact study will be carried out.
These activities will be carried out across the entire life time of the project, from months 1 to 42.
- Monitoring of KPIs
- Monitoring of environmental impacts
- Monitoring of socio-economic impacts
Communication and dissemination
These activities span the entire life time of the project, from months 1 to 42. General communication activities will be carried out in addition to activities to disseminate the results obtained during the project, through technical publications.
- Preparation of a communication plan
- Collaboration with other projects
- Hold events to disseminate results
Aqualia, with support from CETIM, is responsible for coordinating the project. Technical,
administrative and economic monitoring will be performed. A partner is responsible for
each activity performed, overseeing the technical actions and ensuring the quality of the